Tuesday, March 29, 2011

New Firsts

It's been quite the adventure since leaving Mormonism! Drinking alcohol is a first for me. I have some great friends around where I live that have really helped me ease into it. They've suggested things for me to try and have hosted parties in which to sample various drinks. It's been so fun to try different things and feel alive!!!

DH and I headed over to the liquor store a little bit ago. It's crazy how that made me feel. I felt like such a rebel and I was constantly looking over my shoulder like people would know I wasn't supposed to be in there! HA! We brought along our 2-year-old son as well and I thought people would look at us funny for bringing him! HA! again. We saw a few kids in there too. And the cashier even had suckers for them on the way out!

Alcohol is definitely a whole new world. Just looking at all the different types of wines, vodkas, everything was a bit overwhelming! What do those numbers mean above the wine bottles?

But we came with some set ingredients and we conquered!!!! I made my first ever alcoholic drink for my PostMo ladies at our book club....Chocolate Mudslide!!! Woot! It was so good!

So yeah for moving onward and upward and for this wonderful world we call Earth!

5 comments:

Just Zena said...

Congrats on your first mixed drinks! I've found a good rum can be mixed with just about anything.

Carla said...

Sounds awesome! Also, Mudslides in a malt or shake is delicious!

jen said...

This makes me laugh. Going to the liquor store, I was so worried someone would see me... and then when I asked the lady that worked there a question, and her reply was, "I don't know. I don't drink," I felt so little...

Still haven't really found a drink I like, but strawberry daquiries weren't so bad... I just wish alcohol didn't taste so much like alcohol.

Carla said...

@ jen - sloe gin & orange juice; goes down like kool-aid. Also, flavored malt drinks like seagram's escapes, light wine like arbor mist, go down much easier.

Anonymous said...

I had the honor of trying one of Kaylanamars mudslides, and it was wonderful. :)